Any suggestions on compression garment?
Doctor Answers 5
Compression Garments And Liposuction
Liposuction result still not evident
- It can take a long time for swelling to subside.
- Yes, things can be swollen and not be hard.
- Since you have a tummy tuck and a liposuction, it may take longer to see your result.
- But at this point, it is reasonable to expect to see something appearing -
- So have a visit with your surgeon to discuss exactly how much fat was removed and what to expect.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
There is no evidence that compressive garments have any effect on the long-term outcome from liposuction.
You might also like...
Suggestions on a compression garmet
Dear suggestions on compression garment,
The amount of time a garment is worn varies with each plastic surgeon. There are some other alternatives which are often used such as anti-inflammatory medication and lymphatic massage. If you're still concerned with the swelling I would see your surgeon again.
Good luck to you.