If I get a breast lift and augmentation, will larger breasts make me look bigger on top? I'm 38c now

Bottoming out after breast aug with lift

It depends on the type of surgery - if some type pf procedure is not performed to keep your implants high, the implants often stretch out the lower pole of the breast and it can look like only the nipples have been lifted.  I would encourage you to find a surgeon who can show you results that are long lasting that he or she has performed (i.e. several years after surgery.)

Breast Lift with Implants

Having a Breast Lift with Implants will give you larger breast.  They will be in better position, and a larger size.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Appearance after breast augmentation and lift

Performing a lift of her breast tissue without removing or reducing  breast tissue tends to make  breasts look more compact, perky and a bit smaller out of a bra but the same size when wearing a bra. An augmentation using a breast implant will make your breasts look bigger including the top portion.

Achieving larger breasts using breast implants can make you appear bigger or top heavy if your choose excessively large implants. Consult with your local plastic surgeons to discuss your goals with breast augmentation surgery. Thank you for your question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Size

Thank you for your question and a lift, lifts the Breasts while an augmentation makes them bigger combine the two and you will have larger lifted Breasts.

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Bigger breasts will make you look bigger on top

Larger breasts will make you look bigger on top.  Photographs would be helpful to determine if you need a lift or implants.

Breast lift

It is difficult to say in your case without photos.  You may have enough breast tissue to gave the lift only.  You can always have implants added later.  In fact, I often favor this two stage approach for women with larger breasts that are quite saggy.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast Aug and lift

*lift(mastopexy) will place your nipple areolae (NAC) in the correct position and sculpt the breast to your desired look.

*augmentation will increase size and fullness( especially in the upper portion of your breasts).

I suggest you make a appointment with a Bd. Cert. Plastic Surgeon with experience in performing both these procedures together.

my best wishes

Breast lift and augmentation

Hi.  Yes - adding implants will certainly make you "look bigger on top".  In addition to looking visually larger in the breast area overall, you would also have more fullness in the upper part of your breast.

So, the question becomes, "Do you want to be larger than your current 38C, and by how much?"  If you don't want to be a D or larger, you may decide to skip the implant, and just do the lift.

Thank you for the question.  Yes, breast augmentation will "make you look bigger on top".

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation/lifting surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "large C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery,  after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast  augmentation/lifting surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.