Is abdominal bloating normal 5 days post op? (photos)

I'm 5 days post op (surgery was on 5/5/15). I've noticed that my abdomen is bloated. I don't have a six pack but my stomach has always been flat. I look like I have a pooch.

Hello Bikinibody. Bloating is due to anesthesia and pain pills and is normal after breast augmentation.

Best, Dr. ALDO.

Bloating after surgery

Some abdominal bloating after surgery is not uncommon.  As you begin to move around more and return to your normal routines, the bloating should resolve.  In the meantime, watch your salt intake which could make matters worse.  If the situation doesn't begin to improve contact your surgeon.

Camille Cash, MD

Is abdominal bloating normal 5 days post op?

It is not unusual to have constipation and bloating in the first week post op.  This is usually due to the fact that pain medication can slow the normal GI tract functions.  If you can decrease the amount of pain medication you are taking and increase walking and moving around this should help.  Let your surgeon know if this problem doesn't improve over the next few days.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon