Pain after dropping? (Photo)

I am 6 weeks post op. I have 425cc silicone breast implants. Under the muscle. crease incision. My left breast has almost completely dropped..but my right has a little catching up to do. But my question is...is it normal to have pain at the bottom of my breast (around incision) after dropping?

Pain after Augmentation

Thank you for your question.   Your pain is likely related to nerve stretch..   Just as the skin and muscle undergoes stretching, so do the nerves.   The best medicine for this is diligent implant massage.   It will improve and this will also help your right side drop into position.    There is nothing to be concerned about at this point.   I recommend close followup with your plastic surgeon.   All the best.

Breast implant settling after breast augmentation

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, it is common to have different women's implants settle at different rates over different periods of time. They will remain high for at least a few weeks. If your pre-existing anatomy has your breast creases or breast folds at different positions, they implants will settle to different places. So your preoperative anatomy has a lot to do with a final result. So does the skill of your plastic surgeon, size of breast implants, saline and silicone settle differently, skin quality and activity levels.

As for the pain, it is common to have some tweaking pains every now and then. It should all go away.

BTW, you have a nice result :)

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Pain after dropping?

I appreciate your question.
Sometimes patients experience muscle spasms and/or nerve pain as they heal.  It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. Rest, relax, and recover.   Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Dropping

it is not abnormal to have some pain in the breast area up to 3-4 months after surgery. your result looks fine at this time. the surgery continues to slowly improve with time. 

Breast augmentation at 6 weeks

Your breasts look quite nice at this time. At 6 weeks some patients feel weird sensations as the numbness goes away.  If concerned, see your surgeon.

Looking Good

Without a pre-op photo I think you have a great 6 week result, and think any remaining asymmetry was likely their pre-op. Some discomfort is normal, but if it gets worse rather than better it's a good idea to let your surgeon know. Best of luck.

Pain 6 weeks after a breast augmentation

Some positional pain after surgery is not uncommon.  The implant can stretch sensory nerves and can cause pain.  If it is really uncomfortable let your plastic surgeon know.  I could be from a poorly fitted bra. 

Pain in base of breast after implant settling

You might experience some discomfort with "dropping" of the breast implant. There may be more pressure on the skin around the incision. It would be worthwhile for you to meet with your surgeon to discuss this and see what he/she recommends. Your surgeon knows where you started prior to surgery and they type of implants which will guide postoperative management.
Good luck!

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Pain after dropping?

Maybe but only in person examinations allow that determination to be made. Return to your surgeon for in person follow up....

Post-op breast settling and pain

Thanks for the post and pic.  Pain is a subjective finding that varies greatly between patients.  It is common to have some pain as the implants settle and often times, the pain is worse on 1 side.  If pain continues to increase, it may be a sign of a problem.  Be sure to discuss your concerns with your PS.