Can my breast asymmetry be corrected with just augmentation? (photo)

I have asymmetrical breasts. My right breast is a C cup and my left is a full B. I have always had some degree of asymmetry, but it got worse after having and nursing 3 children. I'm wanting to know if the asymmetry can be corrected with augmentation alone by using two different sized implants? I really don't want a lift or to have to do a reduction on my larger breast. I'm realistic with my expectations and not looking for perfection, just better shape, larger size, and more symmetry.

Breast asymmetry

Hello and thank you for the question and photo. Yes, your photo shows significant asymmetry. You also have ptosis or sag of the breast skin. This is common after children. 

Best option to correct this in my opinion is: 

1. use the exact same implants

2. right breast lift

3. left breast reduction

This in my experience produces the best long term symmetry. I realize that no one wants breast lift scars, but it really is the best option for shape and symmetry. 

If you just want implants and don't want to consider the above, then yes, you can use two different size implants. It will help improve your size asymmetry but wont correct the lift. You should know that there will still be some degree of difference. Using different implants will always look different. the larger implant will have a wider base or more forward projection than the smaller implant. You should think long and hard about this, if you are OK with still being somewhat uneven after surgery. 

you should see several consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons in your area before making any final decisions. As always it is best to be healthy, no smoking, and to make sure any health care concerns you have are managed by your primary care physician.

Best to you

Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry

Thank you for the questions and photo. The photo shows significant asymmetry and suggests that you also have breast ptosis (sagging). Correction of the breast asymmetry would be less satisfactory with breast implants alone and breast ptosis is not corrected by breast implants alone. You would likely do better with implants, breast lifts and perhaps a reduction of the left breast. These impressions need to be confirmed with a detailed exam so please see an experienced plastic surgeon to learn about your options. 

David S. Motoki, MD
Draper Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry Correction

Thank you for your question and photos. It appears that you will need a breast lift. Due to the posityion of your areolas and level of drooping, I do not think you would be pleased with your results without a lift. Asymmetric Implants could be used to help balance out volume and shape as well. I recommend that you see a board certified Plastic Surgeon in person to discuss your goals and your options.

All the best 

Can your breast asymmetry be corrected with BA

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation.

Breast asymmetry

Pure size difference yes can be but you have breast ptosis or drooping and this needs a lift and skin tightening also

Breast implants

Adding breast implants will not significantly change the appearance of your breasts.  You may be able to achieve symmetry by volume but you will still look asymmetric.  I recommend using the same size implant, a right breast lift, and a small left breast reduction to achieve symmetry.

Good luck,

Dr. Luong

Jacqueline Anne Luong, MD, FACS
Edina Plastic Surgeon

Need a lift

You will need a lift or mastopexy if you want breast implants as the position of your nipples is low. During this procedure the goal will be to improve the symmetry of your shape and size. Some time different size implants are used to help reach our goal. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon, Good luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry with laxity (sagginess) of the breasts

My approach is to perform a breast lift with 2 different sized implants. I highly recommend against an augmentation alone but this is a discussion you should have with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has had the opportunity to examine you and recommend treatment

I wish you well

Dr. Edwards

Breast augmentation/lift for symmetry

If you want better shape, larger size, and better symmetry, you might consider either implants or fat injections of your breasts. The low position of your nipples will worsen with implants alone without also doing some sort of lift. Fat injections are not as powerful in terms of giving you the rounded shape that a lot of women appreciate like an internal bra, but they would make you larger and more symmetric without a lift. I only recommend breast fat injection if you also have an area where you would like liposuction. The best option may be more clear when we see you in person! I hope this helps!!!

Angela Keen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetrical breasts

hi there 

Thank you for your question. It's a little difficult to make a complete assessment with a single view photograph and no examination. However the most obvious point in addition to the asymmetry is your breast deflation and descent. The nipple areolar complexes are below the IMF so by defnition any procedure would include a lift and for symmetrisation different size implants may be needed. Hope this helps. Good luck 

Ross Farhadieh, MBBS, MD, FRACS, FRCS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon