Is this normal 5 days post-op breast augmentation? (Photo)

hello i had brest augmentation 5 days ago, got abit of blood on patches and its feels wet underneath.is this normal??

Is this normal 5 days post-op breast augmentation?

Thank you for your question. Remember, it is best to be seen in person by a double-board-certified plastic surgeon for precise diagnosis and treatment.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
#RealSelf100Surgeon
#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photograph.

A little bit of fluid/blood from the incision site is normal after a breast augmentation. You just want to keep an eye out for excessive amounts of seepage, active bleeding (not dark, old blood), infection which could be hot skin to touch, fever, foul odor etc. If any of these signs are present then I would contact your plastic surgeon immediately. From what I can see, the amount of blood/fluid present does not seem alarming and you appear to be healing well. Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Spotting on bandage after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photo.  A small amount of spotting on the bandage can happen.  Best to contact your surgeon who can have you stop by the office to evaluate your recovery. 

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

5 days post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. Its too early to talk about results.In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Respectfully

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Never hesitate- Always ask your surgeon!!

looks good from this view, but without a full exam it is impossible to tell. Best to go see the doctor who did the surgery. I am sure the doctor would welcome the opportunity to check and reassure you even if your appointment is not scheduled this soon.  When in doubt always ask your surgeon 24 hours a day- it is better to confirm it is ok then to delay diagnosis or miss a problem!

Good luck!

Kimberley Lloyd O'Sullivan, MD
Pawtucket Plastic Surgeon

Is this normal 5 days postop BA?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  At five days your breast appearance is appropriate and some soiling of dressings is not uncommon.  If you have seen or felt any differences in your healing it would be important to reach out to your surgeon to ensure all is well. Hang in there!

Blood on dressing

It is possible that a little blood leaked from your incisions onto your bandages. The main thing to look out for is that there is no sudden increase size of your breast which would represent a forming collection of blood. As long as your breasts are the same size and are not hard, you are probably ok. Best of luck!

~Dr. Sieber

David A. Sieber, MD
Bay Area General Surgeon

Blood after BBA

Thanks for your question and photo.  With the dressings on, it is difficult to comment. I usually have my patients remove their dressings 1-2 days after surgery.  That being said, your breasts do not appear to have any swelling or evidence of bleeding.  Its likely normal, but your surgeon is the best one to answer this question.  Best Regards.

Anthony Deboni, MD
Syracuse Plastic Surgeon