Swelling persistent several months after gynecomastia operation?

So I had an operation to remove fatty tissue and a bud removal back in October and I was instructed to wear compression for a few months to help with swelling. After a few post-op visits of my doctor instructing me to keep wearing and padding the affected area it is now July and I was instructed to cease all compression three weeks ago. Not only has the swelling come back worse than it was pre-op but the hard mass that he didn't remove during the operation has grown and is becoming more painful.

Post-Op Swelling Has Returned

Well, I could only say that the best thing for you to do after having this swelling return is to see your surgeon in person to confirm the healing process and if anything specific has gone wrong. You may want to do this right away, and best of luck to you.

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after gynecomastia surgery. Your surgeon will always be your best resource for accurate diagnosis and advice. At this point,  Physical examination will determine whether any residual "mass" is related to residual breast tissue or maturing scar tissue. Treatment of course will vary depending on this diagnosis.  Best wishes.