How soon can I get Botox after my 6th Gemini Laser resurfacing that is being performed by an esthetician?

I purchased the laser resurfacing from Groupon to be performed at an esthetician's office and feel I may have lost out on my money. I want to get Botox at my dermatologists office but don't know how long I should wait after the last laser resurfacing treatment. Thanks.

Laser Skin Resurfacing

Thank you for your question. Laser skin resurfacing can be very transformational to your skin's health and appearance. It can remove facial wrinkles and deep lines around the nose/mouth/eyes, treat acne scarring and skin pigmentation scarring, and treat precancerous skin conditions. Next time you peruse Groupon, select a procedure based upon the office and the surgeon because all facial cosmetic procedure - both surgical and non-surgical - depend on the expertise of the surgeon. While it may help you to have a reduced payment on a few first-time and revision procedures, it is more helpful for you to have one great procedure that addresses your concerns. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and laser skin resurfacing

Thank you for sharing your question. Botox can be injected a day or more before the laser resurfacing is performed or after resurfacing has been performed and the skin is healed. See an experienced facial specialist for your treatments.
Good luck,

Hello Allie220,

You should not get Botox right before any light based therapy because it can inactivate the Botox.  However, you can have Botox after light based therapy.  Depending on the light therapy used, if your skin is intact then Botox should be fine the same day.  If you had an ablative light therapy that needs to recocver, then once the area is healed you could receive Botox.

I would discuss this with your injector.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon