Can I have a breast implant/Lift surgery after a tummy tuck within 6 weeks in between?

Time frame for second surgery

It would be ideal if you could have the procedures done together. Talk to your surgeon about this. If for some reason you cannot combine the procedures, six weeks should be fine. 

Thank you for your question. You can have the 2nd surgery of Tummy Tuck after 6 weeks this is fine but however you will need to check with your surgeon the one that will carry out the procedure.

Time between procedures

That time frame should be adequate for you to recover from the first procedure and be ready for the second.  If you are a candidate you may consider having the procedures done at the same time.  This is done frequently and with very nice results.  Speak with your plastic surgeon to learn more.

Camille Cash, MD

Breast implant/lift surgery after tummy tuck

I think that it is reasonable to proceed with surgery after six weeks providing you have recovered sufficiently and are not anemic from the first procedure. You should have your hemoglobin checked.

I would often perform these procedures together providing you are in good health and a good candidate for the procedures.

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Yes you certainly can if your recovery has been uneventful from the tummy tuck and your schedule permits it.

Vijay K. Bindingnavele, MD
Corpus Christi Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation-Mastopexy with Abdominoplasty

Hello and thank you for the question.It is reasonable and safe to separate the breast lift-augmentation and tummy tuck by by six weeks. The advantage of combining the procedures would be one recovery period.Best of luck,Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Separate surgery

I personally would rather patients separate cosmetic surgeries for longer than 6 weeks. My question to you is why you don't have both performed together at the same time? Do you have additional risk factors that make you want to separate the ops?

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Waiting period between tummy tuck and breast surgery?

You may have the second procedure about 6 weeks after the first operation in most instances. You may want to consider having both procedures performed at the same setting: this would then require only one recovery period and only one period of "down time". These two procedures are commonly combined in a Mommy Makeover. Plan to consult a Board Certified plastic surgeon who has penty of experience performing this combination of operations to learn what sequence and tiiming of operations will be best suited to your goals and resources.

Tad Grenga, MD, FACS
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Can I have a breast implant/Lift surgery after a tummy tuck within 6 weeks in between

Thank you for your question. Yes, you can have your second surgery after 6 weeks. You may want to have them both at the same time to minimize recovery.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best Wishes!

Staged mommy makeover

Thank you for your question.  You can have these procedures 6 weeks apart provided that you heal well without complications after your first surgery.  The other option is to combine these procedures, which is commonly done. Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS