Am I a good candidate for buccal fat pads removal? Is there another nonsurgical & lasting way to achieve a slimmer face? (Photo)

I'm 5ft 3 and i fluctuate between 105-110lbs even when I work out hard i can't lose weight much below 105 and my face doesn't change. I would like to consider all options ...

Am I a good candidate for buccal fat removal?

A good candidate for buccal fat will have fullness in the middle of the face.  Some Asian patients seeking a slimmer face also benefit from botox jaw reduction.

A good candidate for buccal fat removal is best assessed in an in office consultation.  Some qualities of a a good candidate for buccal fat removal are as follows:

1.  Fullness in buccal area which looks better when sucking in cheek.  This often corresponds to location of buccal fat.

2.  History of family fullness of buccal fat.  If mother or father have fuller faces, it is less likely you will lose buccal fat with age, making you a better candidate.

3.  Resistance to weight loss-  Buccal fat is often resistant to weight loss and if your face does not change appearance dramatically, you may be a good candidate.

In the right candidate, buccal fat can help patients improve their facial shape.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for buccal fat pads removal? = unlikely #buccalfat #buccalfatremoval #cheeks

Patients with absence of fullness of the lower anterior cheek and/or have already a chiseled face ( V shape of the face) are not usually candidates for buccal fat removal. The buccal fat removal in this type of patients could make the lower cheeks very hollow. 

Patients with asian background that have prominent upper cheeks (do to cheek bone prominence) may benefit from osteotomies ( cutting bone off), a procedure that is very popular in Asia, but here in the US. 

John Mesa, MD