Do I have an infection and is this terrible stitching? (photos)

I feel like am getting a cold 10 days after surgery an have a burning sensation under breast any advice pls

Do I have an infection?

Thank you for your question. I do not see any major signs of infections in this picture. Although, from the picture it appears that you may have wound separation. It is hard to tell from the picture alone. Follow up with your plastic surgeon and express your concern and get his recommendations. Best of luck!

Dhaval M. Patel 
Double board certified
Plastic surgeon
Hoffman Estates
Barrington
Oakbrook
Chicago

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Issue with sutures?

Some of the incision looks pretty good and it's not "terrible" suturing. There is a separation in your wound. You should let your PS know about your concerns. Best, Dr. ALDO.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Infection or poor stitching

Its difficult to tell from photos alone but based on what is visible it doesnt appear that you have an infection.  The nipple areola does appear to be pulled down but this is also early postop.  There does appear to be a dehiscence of the areola suturing.  If you are feeling unwell I would visit your PS as soon as possible for a proper evaluation and to express your concerns.   Best wishes.

Michael J. Yoo, MD
Irvine Plastic Surgeon

Healing issues

Hi... thank you for the question....And photos.... you are pretty swollen... and it appear some healing issues that your PS shoud see 

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Infection after breast surgery?

There is no sign of superficial infection within the skin but it is impossible to know from a photograph alone. If you are feeling unwell, you should get in touch with your surgeon so that you can be seen as soon as possible. The stitching looks reasonable and the wrinkles you have are a normal part of the healing process and will relax with time. The vertical scar looks a bit tight and seems to be pulling the nipple down a little, but it is early days and this may well also relax as you heal. See your surgeon soon to rule out any deeper infection. Good luck.

James Murphy, FRCS(Plast)
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Itching after a mastopexy is common. Infection is not.

From the photograph there appears to be some minor wound healing issues but no obvious infection. Itching is common in areas that are healing. Any concerns you have should be reported to your plastic surgeon.

Worried after breast augmentation and lift.

Thank you for your question about your breast lift and augmentation.

Please contact your plastic surgeon and arrange to be seen.
Early infection cannot be diagnosed from a distance.
The sutures look fine - the lower areola is pulled down a bit but this may be from swelling.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.