Extremely concerned over supra tip depression. (photo)

I am now just over 3 months post op and since the one month post app mark have been able to notice a depression just above the tip of my nose. If this looks like it is going to be a depression, is it possible for me to have a tiny bit of juverderm voluma injected into where the nose dips as i have important events coming up soon. Thank you

Rhinoplasty - Swelling

You are still early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

3 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Recommend Following up with your surgeon

You are still in the middle of your healing process that can take up 1-2 years depending on what was done to your nose during surgery.  With that said, you can follow up with your surgeon and definitely discuss adding filler to the nose to help with minor depressions and asymmetries.  He/she knows what was done during surgery and can make that decision with you regarding if the timing of injection is appropriate for you.

Karan Dhir, MD

Supratip depression

This may even out over time. in general, the tip stays swollen the longest and as the swelling resolves, the discrepancy between the tip and the supra tip may be less noticeable. You would be a candidate for some filler in a few months if you continue to have a dip there you are unhappy about. it would not be a permanent fix, but will last for a while. 
Best of luck

David Reinstadler, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Things to think about after rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question.  I do see the depression present in your photographs. I would be sure to discuss with your surgeon, but I would probably recommend against injections at this relatively early time in the postop course (even though it has been 3 months). It would be technically possible to use an injectable product in that area, but things will continue to slowly change over the coming months.  Although it's impossible to save from a single photograph, I would expect that the subtle changes you are concerned about will not impact your appearance significantly, even at a big public event.  So, although it is easier to say than to do, I'd encourage you to try and ride this out.  Best wishes, MKB

Michael Bowman, MD
Roanoke Facial Plastic Surgeon