6 months post surgery - revision? (photos)

I am upset with the appearance of my labiaplasty after 6 months. My surgeon said he will tidy this up for me for free as promised (get rid of the polyps) can anyone advise me what else needs to be done in order to give a smoother more attractive appearance. For example the clitoral hood being reduced a bit more? Thank you

Labiaplasty reconstruction

As the inventor and innovator of the wedge technique in 1994, I reconstruct many women who have had labia reductions by other surgeons, both wedge and trimming techniques.   The reconstruction technique depends on the deformity.  The reconstruction is more difficult than a primary labiaplasty and should be done by a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in labia reconstruction. I published the first and most extensive paper on labia reconstruction in the prestigious journal "Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery" about two years ago. You will need various reconstructive techniques to give you a good appearance.  

The clitoral hood is the skin above the labia minora and the skin that overlies the head of the clitoris. The type of hood reduction depends on the patients anatomy and desires. I routinely remove the sides of the clitoral hood with a labia minora reduction if there is excess tissue.  If the skin overlies the head or glans of the clitoris, that can be reduced. If the patient has a very large, protuberant, long, wide clitoral hood, I invented a procedure called a clitoropexy with a clitoral hood reduction.  With this procedure, I lift up the clitoral hood skin, move the clitoris closer to the pubic bone, thin the tissues under the clitoral hood skin, and then remove a large amount of excess skin. This results in a dramatic decrease in the length, thickness, and protuberance of the clitoral hood, so that the hood is now within the labia majora when the woman stands. I have performed this procedure over 250 times with outstanding results.

You only get one good chance to reconstruct you, so be patient and ask a lot of questions.

Gary J. Alter, M.D. 

Beverly Hills, CA - Manhattan, NYC

Labiaplasty revision thoughts

The entire labial edge needs to be revised to achieve a smooth appearance. The tension in the skin will determine the specific amount of tissue that needs to be excised and repositioned.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry that your current results have not been what you anticipated.  Depending on your desired appearance you can have a revision procedure performed to trim your remaining labial edges as well as have a cltoral hood reduction performed in order to have a smoother transition.  Hope that this helps.

It seems as though the edges of the labia minora have a "jagged" appearance.  The best way to fix this would be to revise the entire labia minora. This will give it a smooth and even edge. Be sure to go to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience in this procedure for your Labiaplasty

John G. Hunter, MD