I had a Tummy tuck 12 days ago, pain around belly button normal? (photos)

I had a tummy tuck 12 days ago. During the day I get this weird pain/feeling near my belly button. It's just in one spot/small area. A burning, and aching feeling, but Its not just the nerves. It feels like it's coming from the muscle right there. But why would it be in just that one spot of the muscle? Also I still have my drains in. Will the drains staying in for this long cause bigger scars in the area where the tubes go in?

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and pictures.  You are very early in the recovery period.  From your pictures, everything looks normal.  However, make sure to  follow up closely with your PS.

Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Belly Button Pain?

After a #tummytuck surgery, #swelling and #pain can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year.

These twinges of pain are normal as feeling returns to the areas operated upon.

If you have concerns, please contact your #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon so you may be examined in person.

There is no reason to be concerned.

Every thing looks fine in your photograph. Such twinges and sensations are normal as you recover from tummy tuck 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Is the pain normal?

At this very early stage in your recovery, odd pains are very normal and will come and go.  You could even be having an irritation from the drain itself.  The length of time the drain stays in should not have an effect on the drain exit site scar.  Best of luck with your continued recovery!

Jeffrey A. Sweat, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Belly Button Pain after Tummy Tuck

Any time you have something of concern after a recent surgery, you should first contact your plastic surgeon to discuss the problem and see if there is something they would like to address sooner rather than later.  There can be many sources of pain and irritation after a tummy tuck, most resolve in a short time on their own but just to be on the safe side, your need to call your surgeon.

The scars from the drains are usually so small and hidden so well that only a very few would know what to look for will be able to see them.

Give your plastic surgeon a call.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon