Tummy tuck scar stretching and drain site is rough (Photo)

Got high tension tummy tuck 3 months ago. The middle of the scar is quite taut and firm under the skin and shows stitches stretching vertically. Is that a normal healing? Is there a revision possible to even out stretched scar and drain site after the healing is complete in a year? What can be done now to preven further stretching? I am using silicone bandages but not sure it did anything. Please advise.

Scar Revision?

As you know, after your #tummytuck surgery, it will take up to a year for the #scar to flatten out and #heal completely.  The appearance will change a great deal in that time.  You are still fairly early in the healing process.

Be patient.

If you are very concerned, book an in-person consultation with your #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to see if there is anything you can do in the meantime.

Tummy Tuck Scarring

It does take up to a year for scars to settle completely, so things can improve considerably over that time, and revisions can be performed for stretched scars, dog-ears etc.  I would recommend following-up with your board-certified plastic surgeon to evaluate the healing process and review options.  Best wishes.

Jeffrey Ridha, MD
Saratoga Springs Plastic Surgeon