Should I do a Tummy Tuck Scar Revision 7.5 weeks before my wedding?

In February I had a tummy tuck. I now need a scar revision (scar is too high on the sides and too thick in the middle). My PS can get me in next week to do the surgery. However, that would only leave 7.5 weeks before I leave for Mexico to get married. Is 7.5 weeks enough recovery time? Would swelling still be an issue at that point? My dress is fitted so swelling wouldn't be ideal.

Tummy tuck scar revision

A scar revision may not help you if your scar is wide already and too high; that may be a symptom of a tight closure.  A scar revision may not lower the scar appreciably if that is the case, and the scar may be quite fresh on your wedding day...

Consult with surgeons who have an interest in revision surgery to see what your best options are.

Tummy tuck revision 7.5 weeks before wedding?

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck scar revision.

• The most important thing is your wedding dress -
  • Do you look good in it now?
  • If you do, keep the scar revision for after the wedding.
  • You will be having a major scar revision 
  • You will still have some swelling and it may show through a close fitted wedding dress.
  • And it will not be at its best in time for the honey moon anyhow. that will take six months.
  • All you might consider with your surgeon is a steroid injection in the high scar in the middle, to flatten it.
  • If your surgeon thinks that isn't a good idea - then don't even do that -
  • Have a fantastic wedding!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS