Should I do a Tummy Tuck Scar Revision 7.5 weeks before my wedding?
Doctor Answers 2
Tummy tuck scar revision
A scar revision may not help you if your scar is wide already and too high; that may be a symptom of a tight closure. A scar revision may not lower the scar appreciably if that is the case, and the scar may be quite fresh on your wedding day...
Consult with surgeons who have an interest in revision surgery to see what your best options are.
Tummy tuck revision 7.5 weeks before wedding?
Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck scar revision.
- The most important thing is your wedding dress -
- Do you look good in it now?
- If you do, keep the scar revision for after the wedding.
- You will be having a major scar revision
- You will still have some swelling and it may show through a close fitted wedding dress.
- And it will not be at its best in time for the honey moon anyhow. that will take six months.
- All you might consider with your surgeon is a steroid injection in the high scar in the middle, to flatten it.
- If your surgeon thinks that isn't a good idea - then don't even do that -
- Have a fantastic wedding!
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.