Is there anyone that is too petite for this procedure? (Photo)

I LOVE the results I see from the BBL but I haven't seen anyone with a similar body do the procedure. I am 5' 3" and 95 pounds, Not terribly fit, but people always go out of their way to say that I don't have enough "meat on my bones" ... Bc of my desire to have a curvy body, I have allowed myself to gain fat... but i miss my flat stomach. I want a beautiful hourglass shape and I desire to look less childish and more womanly, but I'm afraid that my results wont be dramatic enough?

Is there anyone that is too petite for this procedure?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... Actually it doesnt matter if you're petite, If you have anough fat you can perform  the procedure, I suggest you to gain weight and then consult with a board certified plastic surgeon..

BBL on petite patients

Great question!  The results from a BBL will depend on the amount of fat that can be extracted from liposuction.  Therefore if you are very petite and do not have much fat on you, then this may not be the procedure for you.  Only with a physical examination in person will we be able to determine if you have enough fat to transfer.  It is also determined by how large of a volume increase you desire.  Another option to consider is buttock implants if you really desire more volume but do not have enough fatty tissue. 

I also want to bring up, even if you were to gain enough fat somehow and were able to transfer this to your buttock, most patients end up wanting to loose weight to regain their original size, because they dislike how full their face or arms have become.  But what many patients don't realize, is once you start loosing weight, know that your buttock will also shrink.

Best of luck and hope this information helps!

- Dr. Roger Tsai

Roger Tsai, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend that you schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination of your body and see if you are a good candidate for BBL or not. If you have little body fat, you may be a better candidate for buttock implants. For patients who have little body fat I recommend using buttock implants using the XYZ technique which is intramuscular. This would be the best option for you if you do not have enough body fat to harvest for a Brazilian butt lift and will help you achieve a curvier appearance. Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon