I have a slipped gastric band. I am in constant pain. Is it normal?

My bariatric surgeon sent me for a barium scan, mentioned hiatal hernia, possibility of a new procedure of repositioning my band and took some fluid out of my gastric band. I am now in constant pain of my hire abdomen. I am planning to travel in 3 weeks, is it safe to do so in my condition ? Please let me know. Thanks.

Pain with slipped gastric band

Pain is not normal.  It is a sign that something is wrong.  Have the rest of the fluid removed.  If the pain continues, have the band removed.  By the way, you should be asking these questions to your doctor, not me, a random surgeon who doesn't know your case and hasn't seen your X-rays.

Bloomfield Hills Bariatric Surgeon