I live in Montana. I have 34/36DDDD breasts on a 5'2 , 135lb and am miserable. Need surgeon suggestions?

I have seen a local plastic surgeon & was told he would only reduce to a DD. I have had a size B most of my life. In fact for only the past 10 yrs have i had these huge breasts. I could accept a C but am hoping more for a size B. I need referrals for board certified plastic surgeons that have done and will do this for me. I am healthy, non smoking and would be much more active if these breasts were not in my way. Thank You for any help.

Here is a link to doctors in your area that perform breast reductions.  

Hopefully this helps!
Real Self team

Doctor Answers 1

I live in Montana. I have 34/36DDDD breasts on a 5'2 , 135lb and am miserable. Need surgeon suggestions?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I am sorry to hear about the problems your disproportionately large breasts cause you. Fortunately, breast reduction surgery tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

“Typical” patients who present for breast reduction surgery are women who have disproportionately large breasts, causing problems such as neck/back/shoulder discomfort, postural changes, bra strap grooving, skin irritation/rashes under the breasts, and/or difficulty with activities of daily living and/or exercise etc. There may be both physical as well as psychosocial “stress” caused by the disproportionately large breasts.

Reducing breast tissue mass and elevating the breasts on the chest wall tend to improve or alleviate many of the symptoms associated with the disproportionately large breasts.

Patients considering breast reduction surgery should also consider the potential downsides (risks/complications) associated with the procedure as well. Poor scarring, for example may be associated with the procedure.

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.