Is a revision appropriate? I am three and a half months post op now and I'm extremely unsatisfied. (photo)

The side with the larger implant is now significantly lower. Is it time to approach my surgeon about a revision ? And also are revisions full price ?

Time for Breast Revision

Thanks for your question and pictures.  You are still a bit close to your post-operative date and may see some more changing over the coming months.  However, you should absolutely make an appointment to speak with your surgeon regarding the possibility of revision surgery. 

Steven Camp MD 
#HappyCamperMD

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry

Small amounts of asymmetry can sometimes be magnified in the postoperative placement of breast implants. A comparative preoperative photograph would help assess whether that's taking place. If the larger lower breast implant needs to be elevated as a revision, each office will have their own policies as well as fee structures for this. It's my opinion that these possible touchups costs should be delineated to each patient prior to the first surgery. That way there are no surprises. Discuss with your operating plastic surgeon.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Is a revision appropriate? I am three and a half months post op now and I'm extremely unsatisfied.

I am sorry to hear about your disappointment with the results of the breast surgery. Yes, it is appropriate to discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon; timing to return to the operating room will vary  from one practice to another.  Similarly, policy regarding coverage of expenses for revisionary surgery will vary from office to office and probably on a case-by-case basis as well. Costs of revisionary surgery may range from zero, to anesthesia/surgery center fees, to discounted surgeon's fees.

Generally speaking, I suggest patients communicate their concerns in a calm and constructive fashion; this form of communication tends to be much more effective than confrontational communication.
Best wishes; hopefully through courteous/respectful communication you and your plastic surgeon will be able to work out a plan to improve your outcome.

Yes

You should discuss your concerns with the plastic surgeon. Consider waiting another 3 months for swelling and final results 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Revision

i would approach the surgeon and discuss your concerns at this juncture .
he or she can discuss their office policy regarding revision if necessary .

John Milam Shamoun, MD FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon