Should I get them redone? (Photo)

I believe the right implant with the most CCs is bottoming out. It seems to hang lower and has a small bulge compared to the other one. Should I go to my surgeon and have it redone? or could this resolve itself over time ? I'm currently 3 months post op.

Should I have them redone?

HI ff1234,

It is a little early to rush into a re-do. Your other side may drop a bit as well in the next
few months as your implants settle. Definitely wear good bra support to prevent further
displacement.
 It might be est for you to visit your surgeon to show him/her what is going on.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Christine Rodgers

Too Soon to Consider Revision

It is normal to see some asymmetry after breast surgery, just as all breasts are naturally asymmetric.
There is no advantage to rushing into a surgical revision for subtle asymmetries.
If you have concerns about the potential to "bottom out," you may consider a well-fitting underwire bra to help support the implants and the breast crease.
Keep your surgeon informed about your concerns.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Revision breast surgery

Absolutely not. You look great. Small asymmetries are to be expected after every surgery and what you are noticing is extremely minimal differences. Enjoy your beautiful results!

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Bottom out?

Thank you for the question. You have fairly large implants, which can make bottom-out more likely. You may want to discuss with your surgeon about the pros and cons of surgical revision. 

Neil T. Chen, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming out?

When a breast implant migrates below the original placement location with the bottom of the implant just above the infra-mammary crease, we call this “bottoming out.” There are several causes of this downward migration of the breast implant. Usually, some attempt had been made to lower the crease to accommodate a breast implant whose base diameter is larger than would otherwise fit in the natural breast. In doing so, the anatomic attachment of the skin of the breast to the chest wall can be obliterated. There is then nothing to hold the implant up. With the weight of the implant, and constant gravity, maybe lack of support by lack of wearing a bra continuously, the implant can settle downward. One of the earliest symptoms, I see in patients seeking revision,has been the feeling that the breast has to be constantly adjusted or just feels heavy. We look for the incision line, which was previously placed at the crease, to have migrated upward onto the breast. When we see this early on in the postoperative phase, it will never get better with time and will require a secondary repair. While some plastic surgeons may rely on suturing techniques only, I have found that unless we un-weight the implant by making it smaller or strengthen the tissues below by making them less stretchy, that the same implant, with just sutures placed on the bottom of the pocket, will, over time, recur it's bottomed out position. I have used part of the capsule as well as the lining of the deep muscles and tissues over the ribs in the capsule beneath the breast implants to rotate upward to hold the breast implant in a higher position and therefore obliterating the extra space that has been created between the correct infra-mammary crease and the one created by the downward displacement of the implant. I call this a three flap technique, as the skin, the capsule and fascia (lining of muscles), as well as a dermal flap all contribute to creating a hammock like support of the lower portion of the pocket. When these tissues are insufficient to hold the implant up, or a previous attempt has been made with sutures, I will oftentimes rely on the addition of another type of tissue called an acellular dermal matrix of which my preference is Strattice. This Strattice ,or pigskin, does not stretch and can be sewn in to the bottom of the new location of the crease to support it just like a hammock would. Although this is costly, I consider this an insurance policy against having to redo this again. I would recommend that you try and find a plastic surgeon with experience in revisionary cosmetic breast surgery. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS