If I don't have a fully detached retina can I still have LASIK eye surgery?

Detached Retina

If you currently have a retinal detachment it is not safe to have LASIK, however it is safer to have PRK as your eye will not be subject to high amounts of pressure.  If your retinal detachment has been treated for and your retina specialist clears you for refractive surgery, it will be up to the LASIK surgeon’s discretion if they feel comfortable performing the surgery. 

San Francisco Ophthalmologist

Can't get LASIK if you have retinal problems but you can get LASEK

It's not safe to get LASIK if you had a retinal detachment as pumping the eye up to cut a flap isn't safe

you can only get a surface procedure wo a flap. The old PRK hurts. The new LASEK doesn't 

Emil William Chynn, MD, FACS, MBA
New York Ophthalmologist