Do my breasts and areolas look like they should at 3 weeks post op sub muscular BA and mastopexy? (photos)

A little over 3 weeks ago I underwent a sub muscular BA with cohesive gel implants 365cc in each and a mastopexy. After breastfeeding 1 child my breasts were so droopy and had no shape whatsoever. I feel like my breasts have already dropped and when I lay down they go towards my armpits. Is this normal or should I expect to have sagging again post op? The doc also mentioned that my areolas would not be perfect post op but they seem quite "off" to me Not sure why my photos posted upside down:(

3 weeks post op BA and mastopexy

Thank you for your question. Your results appear to be quite normal 3 weeks following surgery. Your implants will settle over the next 4- 6 months, and a nipple/areolar shape, position and size will also change. Minor revisions may be desired, but not recommended until at least 6 months from now. Regular follow-up visits with your board-certified plastic surgeon will be most helpful to you. 

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Once augmentation mastopexies

are done, you have to be patient to fully heal before critiquing results.  Your early results look very good and you should be adhering to your surgeon's advice to get the best outcome possible.  If you find issues with implant position, nipple appearances including size and levelness, or scarring, this can always be addressed with revisions down the road.  But at this point, your early results (with your hands on your hips) look very promising.

Curtis Wong, MD

3 weeks post op

Thank you for the question. You are still early in the post operation recovery stage. It is not uncommon to feel pain, have asymmetries, swelling and slight abnormalities during this period. It usually takes about 8-12 weeks for the wounds to heal and around 4-6 months for the implants to fully settle. It would be best to visit your board-certified plastic surgeon and get a full assessment. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Post op results

Thanks for your question!
i agree with my colleagues that your breasts appear to be within a normal result for the early post operative period; however, I would continue close follow up with the surgeon who performed your operation. Best of luck with your healing!

Robert P. Schmid, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

Post op recovery Aug/pexy

Hello and thanks for posting your question and photos. Each patient has a bit different recovery from standard operations. Many of the factors that brought you to decide having surgery eg. Drooping breasts, stretched out skin, play a role in your recovery as well.
Based on the photos you posted your 3 week post op results are well within normal limits. I typically tell my patients to expect final stable results at 4-6 months post op. You may consider discussing your concerns with your surgeon. 

Rachel Streu, MD

Early post op course

You are very early in the post operative phase and a lot my change over the next few months. Keep in touch with your chosen plastic surgeon who can guide you along the way. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast surgery in TX

Hi there

thanks so much for asking a question and posting some photos.  So sorry to hear about your concerns.  This is totally normal.  Unfortunately, especially with breasts, the final results will take months.  In the interim you just need to relax and wait for everything to settle.  Your immediate postop photos are going to look nothing like your final photos.  I like to show my patients early postop photos of other patients so they can see what things will look like in the early post-op period and then how it will progress to the final result.  Obviously, if you are concerned, see your surgeon and voice your concerns.  Chances are they will tell you the same thing, but there might be some early interventions they can implement depending on whats going on.

Good Luck

Do my breasts and areolar look like they should at 3 weeks post op?

Thank you for your questions and photographs.  Your incisions appear to be healing well and your results are beginning to mature.  Because of implant placement it is difficult to make any analysis until at least six months after surgery when most of your breast changes have occurred.  Continue close follow up with your surgeon, they can provide you with further reassurance that all is well 

Result

Thank you for the photos and question but at 3weeks you are still very early post op and it will take time to see the final result.  So try to be patient

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Early Postop Results

Thank you very much for your question.

At 3 weeks it is very difficult to say what your final result may be.  You still have significant swelling, and your tissues haven't fully relaxed. We don't take postoperative photos in my practice until about the 3 month mark due to all the postoperative changed your breasts will go through in the next month or so.  I would continue to follow closely with your doctor and follow their recommendations.  Best of luck!