2 weeks post-op. What is wrong? What can I do? (Photo)

My op was 2 weeks before, but I see that one side is not corect.what is reason?Politech round 360HS

Healing process

It is still early in the healing process after breast augmentation and some asymmetry is to be expected. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change. It can take 4-6 months to see your final results. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeon for his or her evaluation and advice. Good luck 

Dean Vistnes,M.D. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francsico Bay Area 

#realself #breastaugmentation #drdeanvistnes

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Early Healing

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent procedure! You are still very early in the healing process and should expect some changes within the next upcoming weeks. You breasts may not be healing at the exact same rate but also keep in mind that it takes about 3 months for your implants to settle and feel more a part of you. Do not hesitate to keep your PS informed, regarding your concerns. Best of luck and congratulations again!

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question. You are still early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.