Is it gynecomastia, or is my chest fat? (Photo)

Is it gyno or my chest is fat ?

Determining If You Have Gynecomastia

The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect men of all different body types. 
According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. 
About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. 
Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.
There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.

Gynecolmastia

That appears to be gynecomastia but you really need a complete evaluation by your primary care doctor.

Terry E. Restivo, DO
Napa Physician

Is it gynecomastia, or is my chest fat?

Thank you for your question and photo. It is not possible to tell for certain from a picture if this is really gynecomastia or just chest fat. Your doctor or a Plastic Surgeon can tell by examining your chest. I would begin there and follow their recommendations.  Best wishes.

Steven L. Robinson, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia or Fat?

Thank you for the picture.  This appears to be gynecomastia.  Gynecomastia is fullness of the breast and excess fat of the male chest.  I recommend a complete evaluation by your primary care doctor and/or a plastic surgeon.