Black spot on lips how do I get rid of it? It's been on my lip for a week now. (photos)

Lip Spot solutions with lasers, medical tattooing

I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist. This can be improved with a combination of lasers and medical tattooing. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Black spot on lip

Thanks for your question and photos. Unfortunately it is impossible to be sure of the nature of a spot like that from a photo alone. I recommend you see a dermatologist to have the nature of the spot identified. Then he/she can advise you as to the best course of action.

Ralph Massey, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologist

It may be bruising

It is hard to determine the nature of the bruise from the picture. If you had procedures on your face recently, it may be bruising that may go away. You need to consult a dermatologist to evaluate your case and offer you solutions. Dark spots and pigmentation can usually be treated with laser treatments. Best of luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Spot on Lip

I would recommend you see a board certified dermatologist to be evaluated.  You want to make sure it is not skin cancer 

Spot on lips

I would recommend a dermatologist because it's difficult to say what it's due to and what caused it. You want to be careful it's not melanoma. 

Lip spot

I would recommend follow up with a Dermatologist for an in person physical examination of the spot shown in your pictures.

Black spot on lips

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. I suggest seeing a board-certified dermatologist in order to have the area assessed, as it is hard to determine what this is from the provided photo. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Black spot on lips how do I get rid of it?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Unfortunately more information is needed to offer the best treatment.  If you had fillers placed for a lip augmentation this is most likely a bruise that will resolve over the next 7-10 days.  If you did not have fillers placed then this needs to be evaluated by a dermatologist in order to have a diagnosis made.