Based off the images, do I look like a good candidate for chin/neck liposuction? (photos)

I've had this chin all my life. Genetics! I recently gained slot of weight due to pregnancy and ever since then, it has been worse and has not gone away. Hasn't always been quite this bad, but I have always had a "bulge." Would like to know if liposuction would be right for me.

Do I look like a good candidate for chin/neck liposuction?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak and there is excess skin and fat under the chin.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.  Liposuction below the chin and across the neck can be combined with excision of loose skin trough the same incision used to place the chin implant.

Hope this helps.

Liposuction for neck

You appear to be a good candidate for neck-chin liposuction.   You need to schedule a consultation and see what the plastic surgeon says.    Evaluation of your photos indicate that you are a good candidate but a physical, hands on evaluation is necessary.   My Best,  Dr Commons

Kybella as a Treatment Option

Chin liposuction can remove unwanted fat in one treatment, but it can be a couple of weeks until you see your desired results. Another option for non-surgical treatment is Kybella®, which can tackle that under chin bulge whether it’s due to genetics, aging or weight gain. These injections work by breaking down and absorbing dietary fat. Once these cells are destroyed they can no longer hold any fat, which means once you’ve reached your aesthetic goal no more treatments are necessary. If you’re interested in either procedure, I recommend finding a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist to further discuss your case.

Rupesh Jain, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Chin liposuction, am I a good candidate?

You are an excellent candidate for chin liposuction, a one time permanent solution for your submental fat.  You also now have other choices such as injectable Kybella which would probably 2 or 3 injection sessions a month apart with similar results but no surgery.   Also there is now Themi RF which is similar to lipo but may give greater tightness to the skin after the procedure.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Chin/neck liposuction for a neck bulge?

Thank you for asking about your neck liposuction.

• Yes, this is a matter of genetics -
  • Neck liposuction can reduce the bulge.
  • Another option is Kybella injections if you want to avoid surgery -
  • You would need at least 3 injections -spaced 6 weeks apart and it will cost about as much as surgery.
  • I saw no true profile photo but in the views posted, I don't see the need for a chin implant and it might make your face look heavier.
  •  Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Going "Bulge" Free-VASER, ThermiRF, ultrasound, Kybella for chin and jaw contouring

You look like you would be a candidate, but I recommend a formal evaluation. I find that VASER liposuction in combination with ThermiRF or ultrasound are best for contouring the chin in those who are candidates but Kybella can be used as an alternative.  loose can can be treated with a neck lift as well and you need a formal consultaiton to determine what is best.  See an expert. Best. Dr. Emer

A candidate for neck liposuction?

From your photos it appears that you do have a somewhat unusual distribution of fat in your upper neck combined with some looseness of skin.  If this is confirmed on exam you may well benefit from liposuction surgery.  Women have a better potential for skin shrinkage in this area and the recontouring can sometimes be dramatic but I suspect that some loose skin will still remain present.  I do not think you should consider a chin implant based on these photographs.  Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Am I a candidate for neck liposuctioning

Thanks for the question.  You would appear to be a good candidate for neck liposuctioning, but there is no substitute for a professional in office evaluation to be certain of this.  On occasion a recommendation would be made about reaching the ideal weight that you feel comfortable with, particularly after pregnancy, occasionally the us e of a chin implant in addition to limited liposuctioning may be indicated, depending on your skin laxity and age on occasion a limited neck lift plus liposuctioning may be discussed.  There is a product called Kybella which is an injectable product that can reduce the fullness under the neck, but this does not usually tighten up the skin very effectively when there may be a need to do this.  Contact a good Plastic Surgeon in your area and consider a very thorough office evaluation.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Neck liposuction

Based on your pictures alone you do appear to be a good candidate for liposuction.

Please consult with one or more board-certified plastic surgeon's to get a more accurate assessment.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD