Is this much swelling normal? (Photos)

Hi, I'm on day 3 post op, I had tuberous breast and I got 315 cc. I am really sore and my breast are very swollen. I would like to know if this much swelling (as can be seen on the photos) is normal. Thank you

Postop swelling

Thanks for your question.  It is not possible to know whether your swelling is normal without a proper examination or knowledge of your preoperative appearance.  Best to contact your PS if concerned.

Swelling after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and for attaching photos. Your swelling appears symmetrical and normal this early post-op. If you develop significantly more swelling on one side, you should address that with your surgeon ASAP. You seem to doing just fine for post-op day 3.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Swelling after Tuberous breast BA

Thank you for your question. Based on the pictures your swelling appear to be symmetrical. It is not unusual for breasts to get swollen like that three days postop after your type of procedure. If your swelling becomes asymmetrical and the amount of pain on that side is much more, you should contact your surgeon. Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

3 days post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. Its too early to talk about results. the swelling is normal at this point of your post op.In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Swelling after breast augmentation

Bilateral swelling after breast surgery is normal. One side significantly bigger than the other may be a sign of hematoma. Please see your doctor if you have concerns.

Swelling after surgery

It is normal for breasts to swell after surgery. How  much is normal is difficult to quantify. If you have concerns, you are best to contact your surgeon. Good luck.

Is this much swelling normal?

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your surgery!  Though the degree of swelling is not uncommon I would be concerned about the apparent size difference in your breasts in your third photograph.  If one breast is in fact much larger, more tender, and/or more bruised than the other I would see your surgeon for an in-person evaluation to ensure you do not have a hematoma.  Hope this helps.

Post Operative swelling

Thank you for your question. Post surgical swelling tends to peak around the third day after surgery.  It should begin to settle down after that but takes one year to see the final result.  If you're concerned that something might be wrong  please contact your surgeon.  Good luck and I hope this helps!

Swelling Post Op Tuberous Breast Augmentation

Swelling can be concerning to patients, especially if it's more than one expects. Tuberous breast present a challenge that usually requires more involved procedures to achieve the end result. This a significant amount of swelling is expected. It takes many days for the initial swelling to subside and many many months for the last portions to abate. I would rest assured it would appear to be within expected range. When you see your surgeon soon, a full opinion can be delivered. 

Gary Vela, MD, FACS