Is it normal after a tuberous breast correction to feel too much pain?

Hi, I'm 23 years old and I had tuberous breast. I went to surgery 2 days ago. I knew my breast would be sore and swollen but I'm feeling so much pain and disconfort that I'm starting to wonder if this is normal. When will the pain and swelling start to fade? Thank you.

Pain after surgery

At only two days out, you should call your surgeon and discuss your symptoms with him/her. It could be normal or unusual and your surgeon will have a better idea if you should be worried becuase he/she will know the detaikls of your procedure.  Good Luck. 

Post Op Pain

I'm sorry to hear that you are so uncomfortable. You should discuss this with your Plastic surgeon as they know your situation the best and they can prescribe medication to help alleviate your pain.

All the best 

Surgery for Tuberous Breasts

And then there’s a third category, which are #DevelopmentalBreastProblems.  I see young women that come to the office, and the two breasts are very asymmetric. One breast is lower than the other. There may be differences in size. Or there are certain conditions: one’s called tuberous breast deformity, where the breast has a more unusual shape. It may be very narrow at the base on the chest. The whole breast can be very narrow. There are different variations of it. But basically, that’s a growth and development problem that creates a lot of angst for a young woman.  #Asymmetric breast can be adjusted by adding or removing volume.  One side can be tightened more or less than another.

To help with swelling, bruising, and other healing issues, your doctor may require you to move or massage the implants within the breast pockets during the postoperative period. Textured implants do not require breast massage. You will be informed about this at your post-operative visit.