Nipple scar and deformity after tuberous breast surgery. Any suggestions? (photos)

Hi, I'm now at my 1st week post-op (I'm 23 years old and I had tuberous breast) and the scar on my right nipple seems to be deforming the adjacent skin. It is expected to improve or is it definitive? Can I do something to resolve it? Thank you.

Post Op Scars

Sometimes puckering of the skin is present at incisions immediately post op but will eventually smooth out as you heal. Massage and scar gel when you are well-healed and cleared by your Plastic Surgeon, can help to smooth and lighten scars.

All the best  

Breasts

Thank you for your question and pictures.  It is very early in the healing phase and most likely this wrinkle in the skin will resolve in 4-6 weeks.  Be patient and all should be OK.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Too early to worry about it

Please continue to see your surgeon and follow his/her instructions. The rippling will improve with time and there are few options like silicone gel sheet or silicone gel that can be applied to the incision to improve the scar.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Scar deformity

Hi 

You are very early in your recovery an this is just some crippling of the skin that always settles down in time. It is done when one side of the wound is longer then the other and limits the size of the scar in the long run.

Please discuss with your PS

best wishes 

Gerard Lambe, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Takes time

With time things will improve. Sometimes the way things look immediately after surgery is scary, but rest assured, your surgeon wants you to have a great result, so just wait for the swelling to go down and things to settle. It will get better, just takes some time. 

Scar

The scar and rippling of the surrounding tissue should smooth out with time (months). Be patient, you are only a week post surgery.  

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Nipple scar and deformity after tuberous breast surgery

Thank you for your question.  you are in early phase of healing.  Most of the time those wrinkles will settle. please follow instructions from your PS

Nipple scar and deformity after tuberous breast surgery.

It appears you had a circumareolar lift, which is also known as a "pursestring" suture. It tightens the skin around the areola, and often times their is bunching or pleating of the skin around the edge. This alsmost always flattens out, but it may take weeks to a few months. Nothing should be done at this point. Be patient.

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Scar around nipple?

OMG I know that it looks awful now but please hang in there.  Be patient this will resolve as you heal.  This happens due to pulling of the suture that was used to close you incision.  As the suture dissolves, this will release and the scar will soften.  If you try to do anything now you will not help the situation and in fact make it worse.  Don't panic..be patient!  Good luck. Hope this helps.

Dr V

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Check with your surgeon about the steristrips

Routinely, your surgeon should be following up with you around this time.  It would appear that the steristrips may be causing some impact on the skin but in general pleating around the incision is common after this type of surgery. Please keep us updated on your progress and thanks for your question.