One of my armpits was not well executed, what to do when the procedure is not properly done? (photos)

I submitted to a Miradry treatment on 19th Sep. in Clinica Liberty in Lisbon with Dr. João Lima Gabriel. Unfortunately my left armpit was not well done, I noticed that as soon as I got home and after 1 week I felt that I sweat more exactly from the area where the marks seem so inconsistent and my bromhidrosis which was very slight completely disappeared from my right armpit and continues in this one, less but still noticeable.  Thanks.

Miradry Treatment

The sweat glands can be in a different distribution from one side to the other. Due to this variation it is sometimes necessary for each underarm to have different treatment pattern. If you feel that an area was missed, you can return to the treating physician's office and have an iodine-starch test. This test will identify the exact areas that still have functioning sweat glands. It is not unusual for some patients to need a second treatment.

Be Well.

Dr G

Vienna Physician

Miradry

Thank you for your question and the photos.

Unfortunately the sweat glands are not always the same on each side, it is common to sweat more from one side than the other. It is important that you go back to see your doctor to discuss your concerns.

Good luck

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

MiraDry

Hello and thanks for your question. You should return to your treating physician and discuss your concerns. In my experience, patients with true hyperhidrosis need two treatment sessions and not just a single session. Some may even need a third for additional dryness. Best, Dr. ALDO :)

Aldo Guerra, MD

Still sweats

Your best course would be to go back to the doctor and explain your problem.  One test is an iodine test that shows where the sweat is coming from.  You should be able to tell the difference on your different arms.  If there is a big difference perhaps the procedure needs to be repeated.

Barry N. Silberg, MD, FACS
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Miradry

After 3 mos, you can have a second session- at this time, often we make sure to treat the surrounding area (perimeter) of the initial treatment area. miraDry does not cause compensatory hyperhidrosis. Be well! 

Estee Williams, MD

Untreated areas

It's important to follow up with the office that treated you with Miradry.  Generally, we do not re-treat until 3 months have passed.  After 3 months, we can get an accurate assessment of what areas are still active.  The entire armpit does not have to be re-treated.  The Miradry system is capable of custom patterns and treatments for patients only requiring treatment to specific areas.  After 3 months, the provider will likely do a starch iodine test to determine which areas are still active.

Grant Stevens, MD