Liquid Liposuction/Liposoft...returning to Cardio Exercise?

I had Liposoft 3 days ago on my Inner Thighs, Flanks, and Lower Abdomen. Just wondering when I can return to cardio exercise - elliptical trainer etc. I usually train 6-7 days a week and am very frustrated by doing nothing. The pain is not too severe, occasional electric-type pains in the treated areas.

Exercise after Liposuction

Although you should be asking your doctor this, I can say what the experience of my patients has been. We encourage brisk walking the next day or so after liposuction. There should be no jarring or impact movement however. Wearing the liposuction garment will help support the tissues and protect against injury to the healing tissues. Our patients have had no problems with exercise on an elliptical machine a week after liposuction.

T. Wayne Day, MD

Nashville, TN

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

-- Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Exercise after liposuction - Los Angeles

Exercise is encouraged but be aware that the more strenuous the exercise, the longer your recovery will take in terms of swelling. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Return to exercise

A week off normal activity is what is recommended in most cases.

Julio Garcia, MD

Return to exerecise after Liposoft.

Whether the fat has been removed by tumescent liposuction, smart lipo, slim lipo, ultrasonic lipo or Liposoft, there is an area which needs to heal, the tissues need to adhere to each other and during that time there should be minimal movement of the tissues.  The compressive garments are used to support the tissues during the 1st 2 - 3 weeks of healing.  I encourage my patients to walk frequently starting the day after surgery to decrease the risks of blood clots in the legs and mobilize fluids, but no running or anything which jars the tissues should be done for 2 - 3 weeks.  By 4 weeks you should be able to return to full activity.