Do The Final Results Of Liposuction Show Etching on Abs?

hi im 60 kg not fat and i am in need of gyncamastea surgery. what i would like to know is when it comes to liposuction on the abdomin and pec area doess that automatically create the etching everyone is having? or they they two different operations?. would a good doctor perform both regardless? and how do i go about finding the best doctor? i always assumed we all had abs and pecs regardless and it was just covered by layers of fat? im sort of wanting a debulked, skinny,toned, boyish look.

Vaser hi def lipo 4d

I appreciate your question.

Vaser assisted liposuction utilizes ultrasound to emulsify or melt felt prior to removal. It is also used to etch or define the muscles and normal anatomy to enhance the results. I use a specialized technique to remove the deeper fat areas and sculpt the superficial fat, so that one can achieve the goal of having not only a flatter stomach but also a more defined and curvaceous body if wanted. I can use this technique on the arms as well.

I also use the fat removed to graft into the pecs for men or breasts for women as well as into the arms and other areas to further enhance muscle definition.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery and high definition body contouring.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Liposuction Etching

This depends on your surgeon and what you've discussed with them. You should make it clear that you'd like good definition of your pecs and abs, and they will most likely adjust surgical techniques to help you achieve this. Abdominal etching removes excess fat from between the abdominal muscles to give you better definition. You should have a total body fat percentage that's lower than 18% are usually not candidates for successful results.

Abdominal liposuction

You should discuss your expectations with your surgeons. Liposuction is merely a tool to remove fat in a selective way. What your ultimate goal is will determine what tools will help achieve your appearance. Etching the abdominal fat may be helpful but can only be decided on with an examination.

Robin T.W. YUAN

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Abdominal etching with liposuction.

Liposuction or liposculpture is the process of removing fatty tissue with long narrow cannulas (tubes) from small remote incisions. The difference between liposuction/ sculpture and etching is that the bulk of tissue is removed in the former and detailed superficial suctioning is performed to give the six pack look by thinning some areas and leaving more fatty tissue just beneath the skin to mimic the abdominal muscles. 

These procedures are commonly done at the same setting, but you must discuss this with your surgeon before so she/he is aware of your desires.

You are correct in that we have pects and ab muscles that are covered by fat and skin. The deep chiseled look of body builders is from very little fat hiding the muscle below.

I generally tell people we all have a six pack, some are just hidden in a well-insulated cooler.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon