Is a Liposculture in the Brow Area an Existing Procedure/treatment?

I know its not common, but is it a real existing procedure/treatment? when could a subtile liposculpture in the eyebrow area be required? Is it a safe procedure? I was wondering for this, sice my forehead (eyebrow level) looks a (tiny) bit overprojected from (especially) lateral view. I would like to all /more about this specific procedure. It looks like my eyebrows are more upfront the the rest of my face, would like to get a more flatter result if possible. Dont want something drastic.

-- Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Brow liposuction is not necessary.

Brow liposuction is not necessary. The prominence you are referring to is most likely caused by overprojection of the bone and can be treated by shaving or sanding that bone down.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Liposculpting in the brow

It is very uncommon to perform liposculpting in the brow region. The primary reason for this is that the overprojection you refer to is most likely from bony prominence as opposed to excess fat. Attempting liposculpting in this area will most likely result in very little if any improvement.

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of Forehead?

Liposuction of the forehead  is not a commonly performed procedure.  You will find that the majority of patients who are concerned about this area have prominent  bone not redundant adipose tissue.  Liposuction therefore would provide little benefit.

Liposculpture for eyebrows

Usually, prominence that you describe is a result of bony prominence (which means it is how you were made) and is best left alone.  However, if it is minor correction you seek, yes the brow fat can be sculptured as you suggest by experienced surgeons.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon