Liposculture 1 week ago, how can I make sure all of the liquid has been drained?

How do i find out. Need a place to for the drainage and massages in md

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Please ask your surgeon

Your question does not quite make sense to me.

If your surgeon put in drains after your procedure, then fluid will be draining from the drains. I typically do not use drains for liposuction.

If incisions are left open after liposuction, small amounts of fluid drain out. This typically stops after the first couple of days.

If incisions are closed, then typically patients do not drain fluid.

Please don't attempt to massage out any fluids until you check with your surgeon first.

I hope that helps to some degree.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

No massage for 1 month

At one week after liposuction, you are very early after surgery.  I tell my patients to wait one one before massaging the areas.  In addition, it is best to be wearing compression during this time.