Am I Right for Liposculpture?

Hello doctors! I am looking to do liposculture. I am 5'10 and 180lbs. I am wanting to get rid of about 25lbs. I live in the Dallas metro and if you are aware of cost, please throw it in! All I really want is a flat stomach, it's been almost a year since I have been trying to accomplish this goal but it seems impossible! I guess I was just too sedentary as a youngin... Also, I would need to make payments. Do all surgeons make you pay in full before, or would I be able to make payments?

Body contouring vs Weight loss.

It is important to understand that liposuction is a body contouring procedure NOT a weight loss procedure.  By removing fat from certain areas, a new look is sculpted so that you may appear to have lost more weight than was actually taken off.  But, when you step on a scale after surgery, it could only be a few pounds.  Based on your photo, you may be a great candidate for liposculpture and should have a great result.  And like many other patients, you may end up loosing the 25 pounds after the surgery because of a modification of your lifesyle motivated by a great new look and a desire to maintain and improve on the results of your procedure.

Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Lipo is not to loose weight

It is very important to emphasize that liposculpture IS NOT to loose weight.  Liposculpting is better define your body, and ged rid of some fat that does not go away with anything.  It will help in the body contouring, and give you a much nicer appearance.

Alberto Arguello, MD
Costa Rica Plastic Surgeon

Right for lipo

Absolutely based on pics.  I would highly reccomend the true tumescent technique for safety and results.

Dr. Malouf

Peter Malouf, DO
Dallas Dermatologist

Yes, based on the photo, it looks like you would be a good candidate for liposuction.  Any type of liposuction would likely be good, so you will need to talked in depth with your board certified plastic surgeon after they interview you and examine your body and you both can determine the best procedure for you.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Liposculpture should make a great difference.

Liposculpture of the full abdomen and the hips should make a big improvement in your waist for about $5000-6000 on special.  Your weight will only reduce about 3-5 lbs but you will look as if you lost a lot of weight from the inches lost.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Am I Right for Liposculpture?

-- Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Liposculpture will not help you to lose 25 lbs; it is not a weight loss procedure.

Liposculpture will not help you to lose 25 lbs; it is not a weight loss procedure, but rather a body contouring procedure that may help give the impression of having lost weight. The abdomen is a popular area for liposculpture, and it can certainly help you to get closer to your goal of a flat stomach as long as the fat you want to lose is subcutaneous and not visceral. An in-person examination by a board-certified dermatologist will help to determine if you are a good candidate and how close lipo can get you to your goal. As for payment options, it will depend on which surgeon you end up visiting. Many cosmetic surgery offices, including my own, do offer financing options, so be sure to inquire about it when you’re doing your initial research and setting up consultations. 

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist

Liposculpture will improve your shape but cannot safely remove 25 pounds.

Liposculpture improve body contours; however, it is not a procedure that can safely remove 25 pounds.  For the very best results try  enlist in an effective exercise and nutrition fitness program to get your BMI under 30.  If you have Liposculpture first and are motivated to keep losing weight following the procedure it may give you a head start.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction is not liposculpture

Liposculpture is performed using liposuction but the technique and the end results are very different. You need to determine what your goals are. Do you want to look flatter or a smaller version of your current contour or do you want to have a defined and atheletic look. This is truely sculpting. The results, the cost and the recovery process are very different.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Winchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Candidate?

Thank you for the question and picture.

Liposuction candidates are patients who have isolated areas of diet and exercise resistant adipose tissue. Any planned weight loss should ideally be achieved prior to the procedure. Good skin elasticity is an important  attribute  of the patient undergoing liposuction surgery.

I would suggest in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.