I have a lipoma on my forhead and my insurance won't cover it. What will it cost me to remove it in san Diego?

Cost of lipoma removal in san Diego?

When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon.  

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.  Best wishes.

Forehead lipoma removal

Cost varies depending on the size of the lipoma, the exact location and the technique used.

Forehead lipomas can be removed in several ways. The traditional technique is to place an incision directly over the lipoma. This obviously leaves a visible scar on the forehead. The second technique is to place an incision right at the hairline or immediately behind it to create access. This open procedure results in a fairly long incision and at least temporary numbness behind the incision. This is the same type of incision that we use for traditional browlift procedures. The least invasive and most modern technique is endoscopic removal. With this technique, small incisions are made behind the hairline and endoscopic instruments are used to remove the fatty tumors. Usually two separate 2 cm incisions are made about 1 cm behind the hairline. The procedure and recovery are nearly painless.

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon