Lipolite to Regain an Angular Jawline and Neck?.

Would lipolite be suitable for address the sagging jaw line and neck looseness that comes with age? I am 60 and not overweight. What is involved in the recovery? Is a pressure bandage required? If so for how long? Madelaine.

Lipolite won't correct loose skin along the neck and jawline.

All forms of liposuction, tumnescent, laser, ultrasonic, etc, rely on the skin contracting, ie snapping back, over the area where the fat has been removed by the liposction and hence giving a new, improved contour.  Skin loses it elasticity as we age and is less able to contract to the new contour.  If volume is removed beneath skin with no elasticity, the skin just appears more loose.  For you to establish a rejuvenated jawline and neck, you would need a facelift/necklift.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to get the best advice on how to proceed.

I routinely perform liposuction of the neck with Smartlipo

I routinely perform liposuction of the neck with Smartlipo (another type of laser liposuction device).  It has become my preferred method of treating the neck IF you are an appropriate candidate.

Good candidates for Smartlipo of the neck in my Salt Lake City, UT plastic surgery practice include:

1. patients that do not have loose neck muscles or support tissue
  2. have reasonable thickness to the dermis of the skin
  3. are not morbidly obese

Laser liposuction will help increase the contraction of the skin compared to liposuction alone.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Try Ulthera

No. LipoSonix is not used to treat fat around the neck or face as there are important structures in this area that can be damaged. However, Ulthera or Ultherapy remains a safe and effective treatment for addressing looseness of the skin around the jaw as well as the neck.

Cameron Rokhsar, MD, FAAD

Lipolite to Regain an Angular Jawline and Neck?

-- Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD