Lipo or No Go?

I reached my goal weight of 180lb on my 5'3 frame. Im 22 y.o and would like to undergo a liposculpture procedure while augmenting my breast/butt. I don't mind my my belly fat and would prefer if a Dr would leave some, as I only want to remove 3500cc of fat. My main concern is my back fat (including the rolls and lower back) and my flanks. I would like to trim my belly but only slightly. Can this be done? As I'd like to leave some cushioning on my belly should I decide to get pregnant.

Lipo or No Go?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift….

The amount of fat that is removed from any one area can be modified.  Having a specific number in mind is not reasonable.  

Pregnancy can affect your results. If you're planning to become pregnant then I recommend you wait until after giving birth before having your surgery.

Liposuction can be done on your back and flanks. Usually, a tummy tuck is better suited to patients who have lost a lot of weight but still want to address their mid-section. This is because loose skin can't be significantly improved with liposuction alone.

Lipo or No Go?

Thank you for your question. I recommend waiting till after your pregnancy decisions as after pregnancy you may need a Tummy Tuck, and your decisions may be different then. However, a Tummy Tuck doesn't help the back and love handle area so doing it now would provide more benefit for the short term in those areas.  Discuss your options with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Liposculpture simply means meticulously done liposuction.  It can be done with small canullas and assisted by the Vaser  System.  I do not care for the Smart Lipo System. If you have a full liposculpture  of your tummy to 90% you will be fine with pregnancy and I have seen this often over 30 years in practice.    You desires must be respected by your surgeon and if you want to leave some fat on abdomen that is fine.  You general surgical plan seems fine.  Best to get 3 consults from highly qualified surgeons and go from there.  If you have follow up questions be sure and send them.  My Best,  Dr C

Lipo or No Go?

If you want these procedures performed in this manner, this can certainly be done.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations, liposuction procedures, and Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction /body contouring and breast augmentation mammoplasty

A combination of augmentation mammoplasty and body contouring is done quite frequently. During a circumfrential liposuction your body contouring will incude liposuction/liposelection (vaser) of dorsal rolls, extended hip rolls and abdomen. When we perform liposuction of the abdomen  always spare belly button. Pregnancy would not have any paradoxical effect on liposuction, however is a good idead to differ your augmentation mammoplasty until you are done with pregnancies.

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction with buttock & breast fat grafting

It may be easier to comment if some pictures were included. Please add front, side and back views to your question.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS