What Is Lipo Sculpture and when I Get my Brazillian Butt Lift Would This Be Included?

I am suppose to be getting a butt lift soon I was told I did not need a tummy tuck but what is lipo sculpture and do most surgeons use this technique during the bbl

-- Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Liposculpture

Liposculpture refers to reshaping the body with liposuction. Fat deposits are carefully contoured to achieve a more pleasing shape using different techniques and instruments.

Fat is harvested for the Brazilian buttocks lift typically from the waistline and transferred to the buttocks.  Depending on the anatomy of the individual fine contouring or liposculpture is performed for an added benefit. 

Pedy Ganchi, MD
Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

Liposculpture

Liposculpture is a rapidly evolving procedure in the field of cosmetic surgery with more variations being performed today than ever before. The art of liposuction can be practiced using many different techniques, types of cannulas, and various machines including Vaser, SmartLipo, and BodyJet. Depending on the desired results, liposuction can be performed in a very superficial, moderate, or deep level of fat. Lipoetching utilizes a comination of superficial and moderate liposuction to provide the appearance of well-defined muscles while body sculpture and liposculpture use a combination of superficial, moderate, and deep liposuction to improve the shape of the body. 

Jaime Perez, MD