Lipo or Mons Pubis Reconstructive? (photo)

I don't really know the difference between the two, if there is any but from when i can even remember i've always had the issue of the little "hood" above my clit. It looks like an indent more then a fatty top. Someone please fill me in with some info or things that i can do to get the straight clean slip. Appreciate it! :)

Doctor Answers 2

Mons pubis contour irregularity

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are two approaches based on what I can discern from your photo:


1. add volume through fat grafting into the indented area

2. reduce volume above the dent by lipo-contouring (liposuction) to make the dent less noticeable. This would be the more reliable approach.


I hope this helps.

San Francisco Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

Mons pubis reduction and liposuction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Liposuction of the mons pubis is commonly performed and is a top rated procedure in my Los Angeles plastic surgery practice.  The majority of patients have good skin retraction after the mons pubis reduction. 

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.