Lip Reduction. Started to Develop a Painful Mole on My Lips. What Can I Do?

Hi, I'm a 18 year who has thought of having lip reduction. As a child was always teased about my big lips, but it didn't seem to bother me. But as I got older my bottom started to develop a moecule ( I think that's how you spell it) that is very painful and has lowered my self esteem down do badly that I don't want people to look at me nor do I want to go out in people. What should I do?

Mole On Lip?

Thank you for your question!  I suggest you seek a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist to check out your mole.  It may have to be removed.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval Patel Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Chicago Hoffman Estates Oak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Lip reduction and mole removal

Dear FashionIcon19,

• Removing a mole from the lip is very easy
  • The scar will hide very well
  • If it is painful, it should be removed and is covered by insurance

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Mole removal and lip reduction

Mole removal and/or lip reduction are both relatively straightforward procedures that can be performed together in most cases. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS