Lip Reduction Between the Philtral Columns

my lip volume is fine, however, I have a straight top lip absolutely with no philtral ridges. I have used filler to augment the two peaks of the bow but its still relatively straight. is it possible to take a small wedge out between where the philtral ridges meet with the two peaks of the cupids bow, i'd like to take out a "U" or "V" shape piece between that to get rid of the straightness of my top lip

Philtral Column Augmentation - Los Angeles

Hello and thank you for the question.

It is difficult to make any sort of accurate determination without seeing a picture of your upper lip or examining you first-hand.  Generally speaking,  skin excision and soft-tissue rearrangement is reserved for reconstructive cases of the upper lips such as those related t cleft lip repair. 

The philtral columns can be successfully augmented and defined using HA-fillers such as Juvederm.  With repeated treatments, you can expect to see signs of neo-collagenization and hence more long-lasting results. Alternatively autologous fat transfer is also an option in the right patient profiles. 

I recommend you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area for an evaluation and opinion.

Warmest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello and thank you for the question.

Warmest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S.