What is the Newest and Greatest Lip Filler and Implants?

Latest, Greatest Lip Filler Is Volbella

Personally and professionally, I do not care for lip implants. They look unnatural and are often poorly done. The lips have a delicately structured anatomy and I don't recommend surgery on them unless it is to correct a malfunction or defect. 

The latest, greatest lip filler, in my opinion, is Juvederm's Volbella. As with all of my favorite lip augmenters, it is composed of hyaluronic acid, which is a substance found naturally in our bodies as a skin moisturizer. Volbella has a thin, smooth, honey-like consistency that makes it very easy to work with. Volbella creates an extremely natural-looking volume and shape to the lips. It contains lidocaine to ease the discomfort of the injections. It also utilizes a cross-linked matrix called Vycross that stimulates the production of collagen and helps the product last for up to 18 months in most patients. Please find a board-certified dermatologist to help you with your lip injections for the most pleasing and natural results.

Latest, Greatest Lip Filler Is Volbella

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Volbella

Volbella is the latest injectable filler from Juvederm that's designed specifically for the lips. It's hyaluronic acid based.

Volbella

Lip fillers

We usually start out with a hyaluronic acid based filler, (i.e.; juvederm, restylane). It usually gives soft, kissable, natural results.  Best to see a few experienced injectors and see what they offer.

Lip fillers

Hyaluronic acids remain a great choice

The current work horses in lip augmentation by injection are the hyaluronic acid products known as Juvederm and Restylane. There are a number of other products out there with various FDA-approved indications but these 2 seem to be the most commonly used to my understanding.

Dr Edwards

Hyaluronic acids remain a great choice

Dr Edwards

Newest and greatest fillers

If I were looking to have filler injected into my face, I would not be looking necessarily for the latest to try. I would instead opt for the tried and true products that have been proven to be safe and effective - including Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse and the collagen products. I would steer clear of permanent fillers as well.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Newest and greatest fillers

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist