What is the Newest and Greatest Lip Filler and Implants?

Latest, Greatest Lip Filler Is Volbella

Personally and professionally, I do not care for lip implants. They look unnatural and are often poorly done. The lips have a delicately structured anatomy and I don't recommend surgery on them unless it is to correct a malfunction or defect. 

The latest, greatest lip filler, in my opinion, is Juvederm's Volbella. As with all of my favorite lip augmenters, it is composed of hyaluronic acid, which is a substance found naturally in our bodies as a skin moisturizer. Volbella has a thin, smooth, honey-like consistency that makes it very easy to work with. Volbella creates an extremely natural-looking volume and shape to the lips. It contains lidocaine to ease the discomfort of the injections. It also utilizes a cross-linked matrix called Vycross that stimulates the production of collagen and helps the product last for up to 18 months in most patients. Please find a board-certified dermatologist to help you with your lip injections for the most pleasing and natural results.

San Diego Dermatologist

Volbella

Volbella is the latest injectable filler from Juvederm that's designed specifically for the lips. It's hyaluronic acid based.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Lip fillers

We usually start out with a hyaluronic acid based filler, (i.e.; juvederm, restylane). It usually gives soft, kissable, natural results.  Best to see a few experienced injectors and see what they offer.

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

Hyaluronic acids remain a great choice

The current work horses in lip augmentation by injection are the hyaluronic acid products known as Juvederm and Restylane. There are a number of other products out there with various FDA-approved indications but these 2 seem to be the most commonly used to my understanding.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Newest and greatest fillers

If I were looking to have filler injected into my face, I would not be looking necessarily for the latest to try. I would instead opt for the tried and true products that have been proven to be safe and effective - including Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse and the collagen products. I would steer clear of permanent fillers as well.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist