What type of Lip Augmentation would give me fuller lips with more pink area (photos)?

I am wanting to get my lips done. I am considering VY plasty, Juvederm, lip lift, etc. I would like my lips to be a lot fuller and have more pink area. I would like a dramatic difference but I do not want duck lips! I want to know with my lips (pics included) what would be the best choice for me and what is a good price estimate for that choice?? And if Juvederm is the best choice how many viles should I use? Or are there any other procedures I should know about??

Doctor Answers 2

Fuller lips

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Before you commit to anything long term (fat, implants, or VY plasty), I would suggest using a hyaluronic acid filler such as Restylane or Juvederm first.  Fillers are only temporary but they will give you some idea about what you can expect before you do anything permanent.

Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Fuller lips

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I would recommend you try a hyaluronuc acid filler such as Juvederm Ultra and a few units of Botox to give you filller lips with more "lip show."  By trying something that is reversible, you can see if you really do like making a change in your basic appearance before you commit to it, and in any case I don't see anything that requires surgical correction.

Juvederm comes in syringes, and you would probably want one syringe or less of Juvederm Ultra, or Beletero.  If it is placed stategically rather than throughout the entire lip you will not have a duck lip. Your dermatologist will be thinking about  ratio of phi which is present in well-balanced faces, and will likely want to place more filler in the lower lip than the upper.

Sheryl D. Clark, MD
New York Dermatologist
4.7 out of 5 stars 10 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.