Is this a Lipo burn ?? (photos)

I had a tummy tuck and lipo in santo Domingo can't find a doctor here that will see me ,,, I was told that this was a lipo burn ,,, but I'm not sure what really happen

Wound issue

There are many reasons for a wound healing issues including a history or smoking, high BMI, certain contributing medical conditions and the like. Best of luck.

Liposuction - is this a liposuction burn?

Thank you for asking about your possible liposuction burn.
  • I am sorry you are having a problem healing and finding someone to see you.
  • This is the problem with long-distance surgery, especially out of the country.
  • When patients have complications - plastic surgeons prefer not to see them because they put themselves at risk of being sued for the foreign surgeon's complications, often arising from poor quality work.
  • The only way you can find out what happened is for your surgeon to tell you - and I doubt he will.
  • However it looks as though you had a tummy tuck, not just liposuction.
  • From the navel to the incision you appear to have poor healing from a poor blood supply.
  • There may be infection as well.
  • I suggest you contact all Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in your area - if truly no one will see you, go to a hospital-based wound care center for evaluation.
  • A plastic surgeon may require you to sign an agreement that you will not sue her/him for a disappointing result as the result of out-of-the-country surgery.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Wounds after Abdominoplasty

I am sorry you are having wound healing issues after an abdominoplasty and even more sorry that you are having trouble finding a board certified plastic surgeon to help! Delayed wound healing in the mid-abdominal area is not infrequent and can be related to aggressive liposuction though not necessarily a burn phenomenon. Either way, at this point, local wound care with antibiotic ointment should be done. Keep the wounds clean with regular showers. Ointment should be applied twice daily with gauze to cover. And good nutrition is essential so please maintain a health diet during these difficult weeks.

Abdominoplasty scar

Thanks for your question and for the photos.  Based solely on your discription and the two photos, it appears that your issues aren't secondary to lipo burn but rather ischemia (Lack of adequate blood supply) to the skin.  The areas that are not healing well are the ones commonly seen when the blood supply to the skin is inadequate.  They usually heal well over time but due leave some degree of scarring.  RIght now, you should be seeing someone in your area for local wound care and possibly antibiotics if a culture of the open wound warrants it.  Often, some of the tissue under the belly button requires debridement (surgical cleaning in the office) to aid in healing.
Best of luck.
Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Abdominoplasty Complication

Without a consultation and examination, it is difficult to give you sound medical advice regarding a diagnosis and treatment plan. Best wishes!

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon