When will I be able to get a full bikini wax posy vaginoplasty?

Right now I don't want any more pain down there to what I'm already feeling but when is it okay to wax down there is it best for 6-8 weeks after surgrey??? X

You should defer waxing for 8 weeks after vaginoplasty

Bikini wax is not sterile and the forceful pulling may cause significant discomfort any sooner than 6-8 weeks after surgery. I would wait 8 weeks. Waxing is never an emergency.

Wait on waxing

You want to wait a full six weeks after your procedure before considering a bikini wax.  Your skin could still be tender and make the procedure more painful.  Of course the best advice is to check with your surgeon.  He/she knows exactly what your surgery entailed and how you are progressing in your recovery.

Camille Cash, MD

Be careful!

Of course consult with your original surgeon, but it's generally safe to have hair removal about 8 weeks post operation.  Make sure that you are completely healed before as you do not want to damage any of the work that was done.  Hope this helps!  ~Dr. Williams

Wait till 6 weeks Post Vaginoplasty before waxing

It's not uncommon to still be tender along the perineum even at 6 weeks post op. Once you're cleared for sex you can plan on scheduling your waxing. Many of my patients prefer laser hair removal over waxing and begin their treatments at 6 weeks as well.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Full Bikini Wax After Vaginoplasty

I typically tell my patients to refrain from any waxing for at least 6 weeks after surgery. You definitely don't want to exacerbate your discomfort or risk altering your final results. I'd additionally add in that you should make sure all your sutures have dissolved prior to having your wax. 

Consult with your surgeon because they're familiar with your past medical history and should be able to provide you with the reassurance you need to feel confident in scheduling your next waxing session. They will also lift your pelvic rest restrictions and tell you when you can resume normal activity.

Happy healing!