I had a lollipop lift on my left breast and am worried about the bruising. (photo)

I had a lollipop lift/reduction and implants on my left side, as well as implants on my right side. I have some bruising that I'm worried about. I know people loose their nipple blood flow after a lift. Any input? I am 4 days post surgery.

I had a lollipop lift on my left breast and am worried about the bruising.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures. At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Brest lift

Thank you for your question. No way to tell with the primary surgical dressing in place. I would recommend you call your surgeon's office and possibly go see them. Good luck!

Breast lift

Sorry, but with all that dressing in place,  I can not comment on any bruising since I can not really see it. You are probably best to review this with your surgeon in person.  

Breast lift and reduction with implants - concerned about bruising

Thank you for asking about your breast lift/reduction and implants
  • You need to call your plastic surgeon immediately, explain your concern and arrange to be seen.
  • When you pay your surgical fee, it includes your post-operative care.
  • A good rule of thumb - if you wonder if you should call your own surgeon? The answer is always YES -
  • So get on the phone and let them know what you are worried about.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS