How do I find a surgeon that specializes in BA revisions?

I am having a hard time finding a PS that specializes in breast revisions. My breast implants bottomed out and my muscles are very obvious when flexed. You can also see a line where, what I am assuming, used to be my natural crease before implants. The original Doctor did a revision about a year after the first surgery but it did not fix the issues and I want to be sure I'm going to a PS who can identify the issues and knows how to fix them.

Seek a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a BA Revision

Your procedures should always be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Plastic surgeon specializing in breast revision

Every plastic surgeon wants their patient to be pleased with their surgery the first time. This having been said, there are sometimes when there is implant malposition, etc. I would simply do a web search for breast revision in your area and find a board-certified plastic surgeon who emphasizes breast revision in their practice and start by corresponding with them..Ask them to share images of patients like you that they have revised and make your decision this way.I hope this helps.Dr. Edwards

Breast revision surgery best done

• There are many reasons that you may have difficulty finding a plastic surgeon.  One of the big ones is that the complications with a breast augmentation can be difficult to repair.  The natural anatomy that holds the implant up are distorted.  The other issue is that any surgeon that takes you on as a patient is assuming a great deal of risk.  Any unhappiness on your part after is now there problem, even if they did not create the original problem.
  • In a situation like this I strongly suggest you find a surgeon that does a lot of breast reconstruction as well as cosmetic breast surgery.  There are a ton of plastic surgeons that do breast augmentation.  Unfortunately they may not have the experience to prevent certain problems or the skills to correct them if they do happen.  A surgeon that can make breasts from the ground up are likely better qualified to fix your problem.
  • Other things to consider are their reviews on line, references from your doctor and other friends.  When you meet them make sure you have  a good feeling about them.  Make sure you think they will be their to support you after the surgery and be clear about the expected benefit and who pays if there is a need for a second revisionary surgery.  
  • Dr Rodger Shortt is a plastic surgeon in Oakville.  He is the Director of the Cosmetic Surgery Training Program and an Assistant Clinical Professor at McMaster University.  He strives to provide the best possible plastic surgery results and excellent care to patients from the GTA including Oakville, Toronto, Mississauga, Georgetown, Milton, Burlington and Hamilton.

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Breast revision

Seek a surgeon that has done hundreds of the problem that you have encountered. Bottoming out requires a specialist to repair with a Capsular sling or ADM grafting

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Asked to see lots of example of similar revision breast surgery…

I am sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced ( and the unsuccessful revisionary breast surgery). When it comes to  selection of plastic surgeon for revisionary breast surgery, I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery.  ***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  You may find the attached link and video helpful to you as you learn more about this type of revisionary breast surgery. You may also wish to post photographs, with your next question, for online advice; I look forward to reading it. Best wishes.