Looking for a doctor confident in their African American Rhinoplasty skills. (Photo)

Hello, I am very interested in getting my rhinoplasty sooner then later, I do no believe that based on my original nose shape that I want an extreme difference. Please comment if you feel you specialize or can give me the effects that I am wanting. I want my bulbous tip to be reduced, shavings of the side of the bride so that is flares out less as the nose reaches the base, base width reduction, and hump removal. I also feel that my alars have a too wide curve to them. Thank you for your time.
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Thank you for your question. Your desired tip reduction, hump removal and base reduction are certainly possible. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to receive some of the highest expertise on the market. You are right to seek a surgeon with experience on African-American patients as scarring may become thickened with dark complexion, cartilage isn't easily manipulated, and there is a greater risk of pigmentation issues.  Best wishes,

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

African American rhinoplasty.

Your goals are appropriate and can be achieved IF you choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who can show you noses you like that he has done. Not all AA noses are the same and yours is closer to Caucasian than average. 

AA rhinoplasty

Hello and thanks for your question. From your series of photos you will benefit from an open rhinoplasty with dorsal hump reduction, spreader grafts to define your mid vault, a nasal tip "defatting" with cartilage grafts and an alar base reduction to reduce your alar flaring. You should also consider a small chin implant to balance your ethnic features. See a BCPS for your care. 

Open rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.
The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD